TIPS & TUTORIALS
Teen Acne? Adult Acne? The Endless Battle with Pimples!
Oct 24 2018
By. Lorena Jimenez
Aug 09 2018
It’s never too early to start a skincare routine – because it’s important to care for the skin when it’s at its best, the teenage years are the prime time to lay down the foundation of a good skincare routine. But for beginners, starting a skincare routine can be hard, and even a hassle. Knowing which products to use is difficult because there are so many products to choose from with different formulas, textures, functions, names, and more. But as a teen first starting out with skincare, it’s important to note that there are certain things we need to keep in mind when curating products and setting up a routine. To make skincare a bit easier, we’ve come with the essential rules to follow, and some must-have products for the best skincare routine!
Watch the full video about “Top 5 Rules on How to Build a Skincare Routine for Beginners | Teen Beauty Bible”
When it comes to skincare, you have to remember that there’s a certain order when it comes to applying your skincare. This is the most basic rule to follow, and you can think about it like layering a cake! Start with the most basic products, and build up from the least to most viscous, and least to most rich in formula. Apply in the order of toner, serums and essence, moisturizer for the best skincare routine!
You can’t expect to just do your skincare routine once a day at either morning or night, and enjoy its effects throughout the day. During the mornings, the skin is more oily as it accumulated sweat and oil while sleeping, which is why you need to pay attention to gentle cleansing that focuses on balancing the skin once again. Also, never forget sunscreen! For nighttime, the skin most likely accumulated dirt and other impurities throughout the day, which is why thorough cleansing is crucial. Once the face is free of dirt and makeup, moisturize and apply richer, more specialized products to care for the skin while you sleep!
Skincare isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of thing. Knowing what your needs are will help you to find the products to accommodate your skin. For example, if your skin is on the dry side, look for more deeply hydrating, moisturizing products. If it’s acne-prone, look for products that have soothing, anti-inflammatory properties. Depending on what you need, the products you use need to change, because using the wrong products for your skin can lead to even more problems.
The best skincare routine is one that makes use of skincare ingredients that will help nurture and care for the skin. Here are some great ingredients to look out for!
– Antioxidants: Antioxidants like vitamins C & E are great to keep the skin looking bright, radiant and glowy! They keep the skin looking youthful and fights scarring, pigmentation and other blemishes from staying throughout the teen years.
– Replenishing agents: Ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, ceramides and amino acids function to restore the skin’s natural structures that keep it hydrated, strong, and healthy for an overall healthy appearance.
– Restoring agents: It’s important to maintain the skin’s youth while you can during your teen years. As you age, signs of aging become prominent in the form of fine lines, which is why peptides that can replenish collagen and other skin firming structures for beautiful skin into adulthood.
Did you know that the skin is most active at repairing itself at night? This is why applying treatment products that target specific skincare concerns work better during the night, and make for the best skincare routine. As they absorb into the skin, their nutrients are better utilized during the repairing process, for enhanced effects.
– [KLAIRS] Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop: Maintain the brightness and radiance of youth with the antioxidant effects of this vitamin C serum. It helps to keep skin healthy and shining from within. [BY WISHTREND] Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water: Exfoliate away dead skin and bring back the hidden radiance of your skin with this light, gentle acid toner. It not only helps for a more even complexion, it fights acne, scarring, and even hydrates the skin.
– [KLAIRS] Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask: Maintain perfect skin balance with this lightweight vitamin E cream. Free of harmful ingredients, its fast absorbing formula gets rid of any chance of irritation and to allow the skin to remain healthy even as an adult.
– [KLAIRS] Midnight Calming Sheet Mask: made with a charcoal bamboo sheet, this is the perfect start or end of any day because it works to cool the skin. Because the skin is especially sensitive and irritable during the teens, it’s crucial to keep caring for it through cooling, calming products.
– [KLAIRS] Midnight Blue Calming Cream: As much as teen skin is delicate, it is easily damaged by irritation from environmental factors. Proper calming and soothing care is needed when the skin becomes red and irritated from UV rays, heat, or even thick or irritating makeup, which is why this calming cream is a great addition to any skincare routine.
– [KLAIRS] Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop: It’s never too early for anti aging care! Now is the time to prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles with the help of peptides, which penetrate deep into the skin to ensure the skin stays elastic and plump.
– Our favorite K-pop star’s skincare routine and secretes!
– The basics on how to apply sunscreen properly on our face!
– Guide to choosing the best cleanser perfect for my skin!
Oct 24 2018
By. Lorena Jimenez
Mar 27 2018
By. Wendy Kim