TIPS & TUTORIALS
'Cloudless Skin' with Simple At Home Pimle Treatment
Feb 13 2018
By. Wendy Kim
Mar 15 2018
We’ve started seeing the trend from Korea, but now this skin care routine aesthetic is making a big impact in the Youtube beauty community, which is the trend of “Glass Skin”. An aesthetic look that appears exactly as it sounds, where skin looks as luminous as glass in itself. So what exactly is this viral skin trend? Let’s dive deeper!
Glass Skin,is a beauty skin care routine trend that originated from South Korea. Originally known as Yuri-Pibu(유리 피부) in Korean, Glass Skin embodies the appearance of skin that is naturally flawless without the use of makeup. To achieve the Glass Skin look, characteristics of Hydrated, Glowing, and dewy skin must be achieved accompanied with poreless, blemishless, smooth, and translucent looking skin. All in all, you want your natural skin to mimic the characteristics of glass in itself, without looking oily.
If you do not already naturally have perfect skin, then this trend can seem rather far-fetched. However, glass skin is not a trend that you can create over-night. Glass Skin is a beauty trend that should be treated as a lifestyle and a skin transformation process, as this trend can take time and effort, accompanied with the proper skin care routine to achieve.
Achieving the “Glass Skin” look all starts with restructuring and creating a complete skin care routine. The “Glass Skin” trend is not your standard makeup routine, but a skin transformation via the proper care and pampering. Achieving the look all comes down to how you treat your skin, whether it be a basic skin care routine or the Korean 10 step routine, starting from the bottom up is what it all comes down to.
1. Gentling cleanse the skin with lukewarm water and a pH balanced cleansing foam. (Lukewarm water effectively opens pores without drying out the skin. While a pH balanced cleansing foam regulates skin while removing just the right amount of built up oils.
2. Hydrate and prep the skin with a gentle hydrating toner. (Using a hydrating and soothing toner will gently tighten pores after cleansing, wipe away any excess cleanser all whilst adding hydration into the skin. This allows the following skincare products to absorb into the skin more efficiently, thereby boosting their effects on the skin.)
Tip: Use [KLAIRS] Toner Mate 2 in 1 Cotton Pad to apply toner to the skin. This will aid in the removal of dead skin cells and better absorption to encourage more vibrant looking skin
3. Use a calming, cooling, and hydrating toner to add hydration deep into the skin. (Using a calming hydrating toner will not only add rich hydration to the skin, but it will also help to reduce redness, irritation and inflammation in the skin. Creating healthy glowing skin.)
4. Use a moisturizing cream that has a balance in both water and oil to keep skin healthy and balanced throughout the day. Use Pea sized amount on the face, add more if needed in areas that become more dry. (Using a balancing cream will help keep the skin looking naturally healthy and smooth throughout the day. Aiding in the creation of Glass Skin.)
5. Finish off with a facial SPF that is designed for sensitive skin. (Not only should you use an spf everyday to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays that accelerate skin aging. You also should always consider using SPF that is designed for sensitive skin types. These SPF’s are less lightly to cause irritation and clog pores. They also contain calming and soothing ingredients that will encourage healthy glowing skin.)
6. BONUS! Use a base makeup that creates an encourages a natural dewy and hydrated complexion while evening out skin tone. (Using a light to medium coverage foundation or BB Cushion is a great way to polish off the “Glass Skin” look by creating a soft, smooth, naturally luminous and perfected complexion.)
1. Use a natural based cleansing oil to thoroughly remove any makeup, dirty & oil, as well as SPF. (Cleansing oils work to reach deep into the pores to lift debris out, whilst breaking down makeup and spf, resulting in perfectly clear skin.)
Tip: Wet a cotton pad, ring out the water, add 1 pump of cleansing oil to the cotton pad and hold over the eyes and lips. After a few moment, wipe away to remove eye makeup and lip makeup. Use the same method on a second cotton pad and wipe over the face to remove facial makeup. After, add 1 pump of cleansing oil to you hands and massage over the face to remove makeup thoroughly. Rinse away with lukewarm water.
2. For completely cleansed skin, go in with a second cleanse using a natural based charcoal soap. (the method of 2-step cleansing is the ultimate way to properly cleanse the skin. This method is extremely beneficial to those who are prone to clogged pores and acne who wear makeup throughout the day.)
3. Prep the skin by using a hydrating toner & cotton pad to remove dead skin cells and add hydration into the skin. (Add toner to a cotton pad and wipe over the skin. After, add a few drops of toner to the palms of your hands and gentle pat into the skin to add extra hydration.)
4. Use a treatment serum to stimulate collagen, boost glow and create an even complexion while providing anti-aging care. (use a gentle anti-aging vitamin serum that will help get rid of uneven skin tone to create healthy glowing skin. These types of serums will give your skin the transformation it needs to achieve the “Glass Skin” look. To boost the effects, gently press the serum into the skin with warm hands to stimulate absorption.)
5. Finish off with a enhancing cream to seal in hydration and moisture while providing anti-aging and skin illuminating benefits. (Make sure you use a enhanced cream in your evening skin care routine. Use a cream that is designed to stimulate the benefits of other skincare products, firm the skin, hydrate, nourish and brighten and uneven complexion to maximize the effects of a “Glass Skin” skin care routine.)
There you have it! A complete guide on how you can achieve the latest “Glass Skin” trend look. Not only is this routine on trend, but it also is a perfect skin care routine to adopt to achieve healthier more youthful looking skin. Remember, your using a proper skin care routine is the right path to anti-aging care to keep your skin looking healthier always, making you feeling more fresh and confident naturally so you don’t need to wear heavy base makeup to achieve a glowing clear complexion. Let’s all work to keep our skin looking youthful, healthy and glowing naturally.
*If you want to see “How To Get That Glow For Korean Glass Skin WITHOUT MAKEUP (feat. Sharmander)” take a look at the video below!
Do you want to get ‘glass skin’ with just 3 simple items? Check out the latest [WISH RECIPE] Glass Skin Recipe to get that naturally flawless look without makeup!
May 03 2018
By. Bronwyn Papineau